Non-Contact CE Credits: 7 (APT)
For the purpose of Criteria Verification Forms for RPT Credentialing Applications, this training offers 3.5 hours of seminal or historically significant theories and 3.5 hours of skills and methods.
**This program does not qualify for continuing education credit through NBCC.**
Requirements: Purchase this exam, obtain a copy of the book (not included with the purchase of this exam), complete a 42-question assessment, and complete the evaluation.
**The required book is not included in the price of this book study.** You may purchase it separately here: Windowframes: Learning the Art of Gestalt Play Therapy the Oaklander Way by Peter Mortola
This course is a self-paced online non-contact book study for Windowframes: Learning the Art of Gestalt Play Therapy the Oaklander Way by Peter Mortola. It is designed for those looking to increase their knowledge, skill, and application of Gestalt play therapy interventions. The book was written to help convey the ways in which Violet Oaklander enacted Gestalt play therapy principles during training workshops in order to help convey them and teach them to trainees. The author takes readers on a journey in which he invites them to consider how they can embody Gestalt play therapy principles to align what they are communicating covertly with what they are communicating overtly.
By the end of this course and quiz, participants will be able to
- Describe the role of the therapist in Gestalt play therapy
- Describe the therapeutic relationship hierarchy in Gestalt play therapy
- Discuss how play therapy can increase a child’s sense of self
- List three ways projections appear in play therapy
- Explain how clear boundaries help create a safe space in play therapy
- Give an example of how play therapy can be used to harness aggressive energy
- Discuss the importance of giving children access to expressive arts in play therapy
About This Book Course
This home study is self-paced. This course requires internet access to complete the accompanying assessment and evaluation in order to receive CE credit.
Emily Keller, LLC, has been approved by APT as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, APT Approved Provider 19-581.