Non-Contact CE Credits: 8 (APT)
**This program does not qualify for continuing education credit through NBCC.**
Requirements: Purchase this exam, obtain a copy of the book (not included with the purchase of this exam), complete a 48-question assessment, and complete the evaluation.
**The required book is not included in the price of this book study.** You may purchase it separately here: Multicultural Play Therapy: Making the Most of Cultural Opportunities with Children
Description: This course is a self-paced online non-contact book study for Multicultural Play Therapy: Making the Most of Cultural Opportunities with Children. This book offers an up-to-date and in-depth look into current multicultural issues that are affecting and shaping play therapy. This book is an excellent resource for play therapists seeking to explore the role of intersectionality and apply cultural humility in their work as clinicians and supervisors.
By the end of this course and quiz, participants will be able to
- Describe what cultural humility looks like in play therapy
- Discuss the importance of a play therapist’s self-awareness of their own discomforts that arise in play therapy
- Delineate the differences between viewing cultural competency as a verb and as a noun and how they impact our work in play therapy
- Discuss the role of emotional regulation in maintaining cultural humility during play therapy
- List examples of how play therapists can advocate for their clients in and out of the play therapy room
- Explain the role of supervision in enhancing a play therapist’s awareness of how culture impacts their clients
- Describe elements of a play therapy room that promotes trust and security in exploring the self in relation to cultural identity
- Define broaching and give an example of how play therapists may do this with a client or their family
About This Book Course
This home study is self-paced. This course requires internet access to complete the accompanying assessment and evaluation in order to receive CE credit.
Emily Keller, LLC, has been approved by APT as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, APT Approved Provider 19-581.