Non-Contact CE Credits: 7 (APT)
*This program does not qualify for continuing education credit through NBCC.
Emily Keller, LLC, has been approved by APT as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, APT Approved Provider 19-581.
*The required book is not included in the price of this book study.
This course is a non-contact book study for Windowframes: Learning the Art of Gestalt Play Therapy the Oaklander Way by Peter Mortola. It is designed for those looking to increase their knowledge, skill, and application of Gestalt interventions in play therapy. The book was written to help convey the ways in which Violet Oaklander enacted Gestalt play therapy principles during training workshops in order to help convey them and teach them to trainees. The author takes readers on a journey in which he invites them to consider how they can embody Gestalt play therapy principles to align what they are communicating covertly with what they are communicating overtly.
If you are working toward becoming an RPT or RPT-S, you may count this program toward:
- Seminal theory
- Special Topics
- Applicant’s Choice
- Describe the role of the therapist in Gestalt play therapy
- Describe the therapeutic relationship hierarchy in Gestalt play therapy
- Discuss how play therapy can increase a child’s sense of self
- List three ways projections appear in play therapy
- Explain how clear boundaries help create a safe space in play therapy
- Give an example of how play therapy can be used to harness aggressive energy
- Discuss the importance of giving children access to expressive arts in play therapy