Non-Contact CE Credits: 6 (APT)
For the purpose of Criteria Verification Forms for RPT Credentialing Applications, this training offers 4 hours of special topics and 2 hours of skills and methods.
**This program does not qualify for continuing education credit through NBCC.**
This course is a non-contact book study for Infant Play Therapy — Foundations, Models, Programs, & Practices Edited By Janet A. Courtney. I
Requirements: Purchase this exam, obtain a copy of the book (not included with the purchase of this exam), complete a 48-question assessment, and complete the evaluation.
**The required book is not included in the price of this book study.** You may purchase it separately here:Infant Play Therapy — Foundations, Models, Programs, & Practices edited By Janet A. Courtney.
Description: This course is a self-paced online non-contact book study for Infant Play Therapy — Foundations, Models, Programs, & Practices Edited By Janet A. Courtney. This course is designed for mental health professionals using play therapy with infants and their families. It offers a look into the roles of touch, eye contact, etc. in healthy development as well as a trauma-informed lens for assessment and treatment This training offers the theoretical foundations and models for leveraging the parent-infant relationship to provide play therapy services to infants. It also discusses the effects of trauma through neurobiological, developmental, and relational lenses.
By the end of this course and quiz, participants will be able to
- Describe how trauma affects infants
- Describe the therapeutic powers of play therapy as they relate to infant development within a parent-child dyad
- Discuss the importance of a trauma-informed intake to the play therapy process
- Discuss the role of sensory stimulation in infant play therapy interventions
- Compare and contrast infant play therapy approaches
- Describe the theoretical support for including parents in infant play therapy
About This Book Course
This home study is self-paced. This course requires internet access to complete the accompanying assessment and evaluation in order to receive CE credit.